Founders' Academic Merit Scholarship
The Founders' Academic Merit Scholarship recognizes academic achievement, leadership and extracurricular activities. Every year, 10 students are awarded a Founders' Academic Merit Scholarship. Each recipient receives $9,000 per academic year over four years of full-time study, for a total of $36,000.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Applicant must be entering post-secondary studies for the first time as a full-time student.
- Applicant must be entering any degree program offered by the University of Guelph-Humber.
- Applicants must have a minimum admission average of 90% (inclusive of subject requirements) based on grades submitted.
- Applicant must have demonstrated significant leadership achievements through participation in school and/or community activities.
- Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- This award cannot be held with the Guelph-Humber Student Leadership Scholarship, the University of Guelph’s President’s and Chancellors’ Scholarships or the University of Guelph’s Board of Governors’ Scholarships.
- Out of Province Applicants only: Please have your high school Guidance Counsellor or School Administrator email your official transcript by February 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your transcript must include grades for all completed and in-progress grade 11 and 12 courses to be considered for the scholarship.
In order to retain the award for second, third and fourth years, recipients must maintain full-time registration, achieve a minimum 80% average in the previous academic year and submit an annual report which outlines their participation, accomplishments and leadership in campus and/or community activities each year.