|The BSc Speech and Language Therapy provides the knowledge, skills and confidence for a career that will improve the lives of children and adults with communication disorders or swallowing difficulties. Over the four years of the course, you will gain specialist knowledge for a rewarding career, as well as general skills in communication, problem-solving and teamwork. The course is broad and varied, and students study Behavioural Science, Anatomy, Physiology, Linguistics and Speech Science as well as Speech and Language Therapy theory, assessment and treatment approaches. A strong emphasis is placed on using the most recent scientific evidence to underpin your clinical practice.
Most learning within the university takes place in small-group tutorials, and much of your work is self-directed. You will have plenty of opportunities for clinical work experience (practice education) in UCC’s Brookfield Clinic and further afield in hospitals, schools, community care, and disability services. The BSc Speech and Language Therapy course is designed to ensure graduates have the knowledge, skills and values to meet the demands and challenges of working within the healthcare profession.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have a minimum average of 80% in six acceptable Grade 12 U, U/C or M courses including Grade 12 U English, Math, another language, and Lab Science. The following are considered Lab Science subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics with Chemistry and Agricultural Science.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 International Languages
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 100]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.