Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Physics, General
|Description:||Physicists work to understand the nature of the universe around us: from the origin of forces and the nature of matter, to the formation of the elements, and the behaviour of materials used in the technology so prevalent in our lives. This quest to understand the unknown means that physicists acquire problem-solving skills whose value extends too many areas, from information and communication technology to the financial sector. Majors in physics have the opportunity to hone their problem-solving skills further.
Saint Mary’s physics faculty have received many awards and accolades from the international physics community for their work. Many of our undergraduate students are invited to take part in this research through paid internships or assistantships, most of which involve visits or work terms at particle accelerators in British Columbia, Virginia or Darmstadt, Germany. You can also choose to pursue your own original research projects through our honours degree program.
|URL:||Physics at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Advanced Math/Intro to Calculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
Two additional academic Grade 12 courses are also required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or CanTEST [min. 4.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.