Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Physics, General
|Description:||Have you ever wondered what makes the Universe tick? Physics is a science that deals with the interactions between matter and motion. Physicists study everything from sub-atomic particles to star-studded galaxies to try and understand the physical laws and relationships that govern the known universe.
This dynamic program features an interactive learning atmosphere. With class sizes averaging about 20 students per class by the second year, newly-renovated teaching and laboratory spaces, and faculty recognized nationally and internationally for teaching and research excellence, our students have the opportunity to learn and work one-on-one with some of the top professors in the field. The program offers a full spectrum of courses in quantum and classical physics. We also specialize in sub-atomic physics and are home to the only professors in this field in Atlantic Canada.
|URL:||Physics at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Advanced Math/Intro to Calculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
Two additional academic Grade 12 courses are also required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or CanTEST [min. 4.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.