Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science/Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:||Psychology, General
|Description:||Are you fascinated by human behaviour? Do you want to learn more about why people feel and act the way they do? Psychologists explain, predict, and even modify behaviours. With small class sizes and vibrant, student-focused faculty, our students learn and work in a supportive atmosphere that encourages real-world experience. With an active student society and one of the largest program enrollments on campus, our students quickly become a part of the Saint Mary’s community. Our department is also recognized as the preeminent leader in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology east of Montreal and is home to some of the only Law Psychology professors in the Maritimes.
Students have the option to major in psychology through the Science degree program (B.Sc.) or the Arts degree program (B.A.) at Saint Mary’s. The Major requirements in both programs are the same, and students may take the same psychology courses through either program. However, the B.A. and B.Sc. programs have differing required and elective courses as outlined in the academic calendar. Both degrees offer optional co-op opportunities for students. Please see the program website for honours and co-op program information.
|URL:||Psychology (B.Sc.) at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
Students entering directly from high school are required to have completed five academic Grade 12 subjects, all with an average grade of 70% and no grade below 60%.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.