|Explore a challenging and rewarding career in the evolving field of public safety.
The four-year Bachelor of Public Safety (Honours) degree program imparts the theory and hands-on instruction allowing you to develop a systematic approach to public safety to counter, coordinate and investigate man-made and natural threats to individuals, information systems security, critical infrastructure, organizations, companies, and governments.
You learn the proven and sound principles of public safety within the context of Canadian legislation. Theoretical and experiential courses, combined with applied research and two co-op work terms, provide you with work-integrated learning opportunities, as well as the opportunity to develop and build investigative and analytical problem-solving skills. You develop inter-professional capabilities using a collaborative approach to addressing public safety situations.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||60
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- Mature students are applicants who have not achieved the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent and who are at least 19 years of age on or before the commencement of the program in which they intend to enroll. Mature students applying for Degree programs satisfy College Eligibility by having demonstrated academic abilities equivalent to those of Ontario high school graduates, verified by successful completion of at least one full-time term at the post-secondary level (minimum five courses taken concurrently in an academic program of study).
Applicants must also have: six Grade 12 university (U) or university/college (M) courses with a minimum 65% average including: one Grade 12 U English, with a minimum of 60%, and one Grade 11 U or M Math, with a minimum of 60%.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: (IELTS / TOEFL) IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 90, with the minimum in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 24. Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Prior to co-ops, all students will be required to obtain a clear and current Police Records Check for the Vulnerable Sector. Failure to complete this requirement will prevent students from participating in the work term components of the program.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.