Physics and Biology
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Biology/Biological Sciences, General
|Description:||Physics is the most fundamental of the natural sciences. Physicists look for and examine patterns in nature in order to formulate natural laws. They push scientific boundaries by exploring unknown territory through theory and experimentation, often thinking about and describing our physical world in ways that we cannot yet observe in nature.
Carleton University’s Department of Physics is engaged in intensive research in particle physics and medical physics. The program emphasizes problem-solving techniques and the development of critical thinking skills. Computation skills are developed as a tool for applying physics in the modern world. Theoretical particle physics research includes work on electroweak models, quantum chromodynamics, string theory, and other extensions to the standard model of particle physics.
|URL:||Physics and Biology at Carleton University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||78 to 82
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
Physics is strongly recommended.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.