|Learn about the amazing web of life that we are embedded in. When you study Ecology, your field of view opens to reveal the intricate relationships among all living things. As an ecologist, you will explore the connections among different organisms and their interaction with soil, air, water and radiation from the sun. This program will prepare you to conduct research on ecology and evolution, monitor and manage living resources, engage in sustainable development, be a champion for biodiversity, and protect the planet.
Our Biology Department features a computer lab and teaching labs that will introduce you to the state-of-the-art analysis tools used in ecology research. Small class sizes foster strong student-professor relationships. As an Ecology student, you'll follow the Biology core curriculum and additional courses focused on Ecology. Through labs, lectures and tutorials you'll also:
- Study population growth and the dynamics of competition, predation and parasitism
- Explore the evolution, biodiversity and ecology of organisms and study their physiology and behaviour
- Receive training in field research, molecular ecology and biostatistics
- Perform original research as an undergraduate
Concordia’s hands-on approach provides a solid foundation for a career in the sciences or paves the way for future graduate studies.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 26
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B- overall, B- in math / sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.