|The bridge to life-long learning and career advancement.
The Academic Pathway for Movement from Ontario College Diploma in Practical Nursing to BScN program is for Registered Practical Nurses who want to continue their studies towards a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This College-Approved Certificate program is the bridge you need to enter into the collaborative BScN program with the University of Ottawa.
This one-term program is for those who are lifelong learners, dedicated to the nursing profession, with strong communication skills. You complete a program of study leading to the opportunity to demonstrate your eligibility for course equivalencies in the BScN program.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including ENG4U (65% minimum), SBI4U (65% minimum), SCH4U (65% minimum) and MCF3M (65% minimum)(or one 4U mathematics) or equivalent.
- Mature student status (19 years of age or older without a high school diploma) must have ENG4U (65% minimum), SBI4U (65% minimum), SCH4U (65% minimum) and MCF3M (65% minimum) (or one 4U mathematics) or equivalent.
- Graduates from an Ontario Practical Nurse Diploma Program (or equivalent) with an average of 75%. Admissibility is determined by the University of Ottawa.
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
- Worked as a RPN at full scope of practice, for a minimum of one year - defined as 900 hours of practice.
- Current registration as a Practical Nurse with no practice restrictions by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.