|In the two-year Social Service Worker Ontario College Diploma program, you gain the skills and knowledge to work effectively with individuals, groups and communities dealing with personal and social problems.
As a student, you complete two field placement experiences totaling more than 500 hours. You identify, practice and incorporate theoretical knowledge at a level that provides top client service. As well, you strengthen the bond between yourself and the community by participating in various applied research projects and direct practice opportunities. With these opportunities, you are ready to work on the front line of social services.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Provide a completed reference form found on our website, from an agency supervisor based on relevant volunteer, paid work or educational/co-op placement, working directly with clients, in a human service agency within the last two years. A minimum of 60 hours is required. The agency setting could include: shelters, long-term care facilities, schools, or other front line agencies dealing with vulnerable people.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.