|The three-year Child and Youth Care Ontario College Advanced Diploma program prepares you to support vulnerable children, youth and families with complex needs. Learn a wide range of prevention and intervention strategies that foster positive change and healthy development. Assess the strengths and needs of young people and families and develop interventions to meet those needs. Apply the principles of relational practice, lifespace engagement and anti-oppressive practice while working with children, youth and families. In classes, you learn practical and theoretical concepts and then apply them in field placements. Working with young people in field placements helps you to develop into a confident and competent child and youth care practitioner. By the end of this program, you have practical experience in two different work environments in the field of child and youth care, three days a week during your second and third year of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||
Applications to Grad Cert Part-time programs must be submitted via our online application form. There is no application fee.
Prior to starting your application, please ensure that you have consulted the program admission requirements and have all the supporting documentation in a digital format ready to be uploaded.
Applications submitted in a paper format or via email will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applications will typically be processed within 2-3 weeks but can take longer during peak times and start of academic terms. Applicants are encouraged to apply at least 4-6 weeks prior to start of term.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.