|The two-year Police Foundations Ontario College Diploma program, delivered in a compressed format over 42 weeks, provides you with a foundational knowledge of the field of policing. Curriculum includes both theory and applied lessons in policing - helping you prepare for the workforce.
While there is a strong theoretical aspect to this program, there are many opportunities for hands-on learning in both labs and scenario rooms. There are various activities outside the classroom, such as community volunteering opportunities, and program-related initiatives.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.