Computer Science and Biology
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Biology/Biological Sciences, General
|Description:||Life Sciences are becoming increasingly quantitative and analytical, and integrative. This program will train students in the fundamentals of biology - with a focus on molecular biology - and will give them computational and mathematical skills needed to manage, analyze, and model large biological datasets. Two integrative features of the program are a three-credit joint independent studies course, and a one-credit seminar. The program fills an important gap in the undergraduate programs at McGill, as no existing program allows students to get a solid training in these two increasingly interconnected fields.
|URL:||Computer Science and Biology at McGill University
|Cost per year:*||
Financial Information for International Students
McGill Tuition Rates
|Careers:||Software EngineerComputer and Information Systems ManagersBiologists||See More...
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||93
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Français or Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
No first year admission.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 577] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.