|Get inspired by life. Immerse yourself in the study of life at all levels, from cell biology and the physiology of multicellular organisms to the interactions between organisms and their environment. Build a strong basis in the essentials, then choose the right topics for your chosen path.
Our Biology Department features teaching labs with state-of-the-art equipment that introduce you to the various techniques used in biology research. Small class sizes foster strong student-professor relationships. As a Biology student, you'll follow the Biology core curriculum and additional Biology courses based on your interests. Through labs, lectures and tutorials you will:
- Study genes and how they control cellular and organismal function
- Address fundamental and applied research problems
- Study the chemical and cellular basis of living systems
- Explore the evolution, biodiversity and ecology of organisms and their physiology and morphology
- Receive extensive training in research methodology
- Perform original research as an undergraduate (honours and specialization students only)
Concordia’s hands-on approach provides a solid foundation for a career in the life sciences or environmental sciences, or paves the way for future graduate studies.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 26
- Grade12 Mathematics
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B- overall, B- in math / sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.