Humber’s Advertising and Marketing Communications diploma program will equip you with promotional writing, presentation and organizational skills, as well as introductory design, basic production and supplier management skills. Courses in advertising, marketing communications, public relations and project co-ordination will give you a keen awareness of the breadth of your employment opportunities.
This program focuses on providing you with skills that enable you to work with advertising creatives including copywriters, graphic and interactive designers, art directors, and suppliers with an emphasis on media planning. Opportunities to work with Humber’s in-house agency, BuildingF, will allow you to start building a professional network while working with peers on real-world briefs. Your first semester is shared with the Advertising and Graphic Design, Journalism, Public Relations, and Media Communications diploma programs, giving you the freedom to change the direction of your studies in the second semester.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.