|This programme is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certificated Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA), the Association of International Accountants (AIA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
The typical offer is likely to be:
• SQA Highers: AAAAA.
• A Levels: A*AA.
• IB: 43 points (grades 776 at HL).
Minimum entry requirements
• SQA Highers: ABBB by end of S5 or ABBBB/AABB from S4-S6 with BBB by end of S5. Higher Mathematics required. National 5 English at Grade C.
• A Levels: ABB including Mathematics, or AS Mathematics at A (if A Level is not taken). GCSEs: English at Grade C.
• IB: Award of Diploma with 34 points overall and grades 655 in HL subjects. Mathematics is required at HL 5, or SL 6 (if not taken at HL), and English at SL 4. IB applicants should note that Maths Studies is not accepted for any of our Economics programmes.
If you are an international student and your school qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to the University you may be eligible for admission to this degree programme through our International Foundation Programme.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||You must provide evidence that your written and spoken English is at a level that will enable you to succeed in your studies.
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your spoken and written English:
• IELTS Academic module overall 6.5 with 5.5 in each component
• TOEFL-iBT 92 or above with 20 in each section
• Cambridge English: Advanced & Proficiency overall 176 with 162 in each component
• Pearson Test of English (Academic): Total 61 with at least 51 in each "Communicative Skills" section *Trinity ISE: ISE II with a distinction in all four components
SQA and GCSE
For SQA and GCSE students, unless a higher level is specified in the stated entry requirements, a pass is required in English at the following grades or higher:
• SQA National 5 Grade C
• SQA Standard Grade 3
• SQA Intermediate 1 Grade A
• SQA Intermediate 2 Grade C
• GCSE Grade C
• IB Standard Level Grade 4
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.