|The bachelor of physical education degree is designed to prepare graduates for careers in teaching and related areas.
The teaching option contains courses in the fundamentals of physical education as well as courses in curriculum planning, teaching methods, and pedagogy relevant to physical education curricula for various grade levels. You will be placed in an educational setting for some of the course work.
The general option is designed to provide basic professional preparation. This program option consists of courses common to the teaching option plus a flexible choice of complementary study courses.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You may apply for admission into the School of Human Kinetics and Recreation directly from high school by indicating your desired degree option in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the program from high school is competitive for a limited number of placements and is subject to meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee your acceptance into the program.
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Chemistry or Grade11 Physics or Grade11 Earth and Space Science
- Grade11 Data Management or Grade11 Advanced Functions or Grade11 Calculus and Vectors
- Social Science or International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
When applying to the bachelor of physical education program, you must also submit the following documents:
- Statement of Research Interests
- A 250 word autobiographical statement highlighting your experiences with teaching and learning and demonstrating a commitment to leading a physically active lifestyle
- A current first aid certificate
- Complete a swim test conducted by the school or provide proof of completion of a Red Cross level 8 swim test or equivalent.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.