|This program provides in-depth knowledge of child development from birth through age eight. You’ll study physiological, psychological and social perspectives and develop understanding and skills pertaining to family support, early childhood education, arts, literacy and disabilities in young children. Field education each year, international placement and research opportunities and the chance to apply to a consecutive BEd program with York University will prepare you to work with children, families and professionals in a variety of settings.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 72
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Early Childhood Education Diploma from a public Ontario College or equivalent, with minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA is required. Also, all applicants must have completed three lower level one-term (or equivalent) liberal studies courses at the university level with minimum B- (70%) grades. Please note the following liberal studies restrictions:
- College General Education courses cannot be used as substitutions for university level liberal studies courses.
- One of the lower level liberal studies courses must be an English subject.
- These courses cannot be part of the ECE diploma studies
- These courses cannot be an introductory level Psychology or Sociology.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.