The Welding and Fabrication Techniques Ontario College Certificate program provides foundational skills to gain entry-level employment in the welding industry.
Participate in a combination of theory and shop work, and learn metal fabrication techniques and welding, acquiring a solid foundation of principles for the field.
All classes are taught in Algonquin College's state-of-the-art Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence (ACCE) facility, where you have the opportunity to use up-to-date equipment and learn about advanced technology in the welding and fabrication field, including:
- gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- oxy-acetylene welding (OAW)
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $450 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.