|Chemistry is the science of the composition, structure, properties and reactions of matter, especially of atomic and molecular systems. The synthesis of new drugs, the production of novel materials and the monitoring and improvement of our environment all involve the science of chemistry. The modern-day subject of chemistry is a dynamically-changing science that is about cutting-edge discoveries and the use of state-of-the-art techniques and technologies that impact almost every aspect of human life and almost every aspect of the development of human society. It is easy to understand why the field of chemistry is often described as the central science.
Through physics we attempt to understand natural phenomena in the world around us, ranging from the very small atomic nuclei and elementary particles to the very large scale of the universe. Physics is concerned with how fundamental laws influence observed phenomena which might include anything from batting a baseball to rocket dynamics. It includes fundamental theories such as those of dynamics, relativity, electricity, magnetism, thermodynamics, nuclear and elementary particles, and quantum mechanics.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
You may apply for admission into the Faculty Science by indicating bachelor of science as your program choice on the undergraduate application for admission. Direct entry into the faculty is subject to your meeting the general admission requirements for Memorial University.
- Data Management or Advanced Functions or Calculus and Vectors
- Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Earth and Space Science
- Social Science or International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.