|The three-year Animation Ontario College Advanced Diploma program provides you with the skills needed to meet the standards of the demanding international animation industry. As a student attending one of the best animation programs in Canada (as ranked by Animation Career Review, 2019) , you learn industry-standard technologies, drawing and animation skills.
This program focuses on acting and body mechanics and where you learn traditional, 3D, tradigital (using Toon Boom`s Harmony) and video game animation techniques. Our faculty members are industry professionals who have worked for studios such as: Disney, Sony Image Works, Mercury Filmworks, Jam Filled Entertainment, Atomic Cartoons, Warner Bros. Animation, Corus (Nelvana), Pip, Kratts, Ubisoft.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent), and Mathematics, Grade 12 (MAP4C with a grade of 60% or higher) or Grade 11 (MCF3M with a grade of 50% or higher) or equivalent.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT) Overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Applicants must submit a portfolio of 10-15 samples illustrating artistic ability. The portfolio must include samples of formal life drawing, perspective drawing, and fantasy or cartoon drawing. Details of an additional home drawing test will be sent upon receipt of your application. Samples of work to be submitted for assessment must be 8-1/2 x 11. Portfolio submission details can be found on the Algonquin College Additional Admission Requirements website: www.algonquincollege.com/admissionspackages.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.