The Technical Writer Ontario College Graduate Certificate program provides you with the skills and training needed for a career in technical communication. Throughout this one-year program, you create different types of workplace documents to help users enjoy all features of a product, service or information. In particular, you learn to:
- research and analyze technical material
- connect with an intended audience
- use specialized tools to author documents
- manage multiple projects to meet the goals of a group
- create structured documents that cater to different user tasks
- These skills are so highly prized in the workplace that you can choose to work in either the public or the private sector, and in a freelance, part-time or full-time capacity.
The Technical Writer program will teach you how to create different kinds of online and print documents such as instruction sets, training materials, user manuals, white papers, proposals, online help, instructional videos and podcasts.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
For the Technical Writer program, applicants should ideally satisfy one of the two following conditions:
- Successful completion of a Degree, with a strong showing in the courses for which high standards of writing are demanded.
- Successful completion of a three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma, with a strong showing in the courses for which high standards of writing are demanded.
However, applicants possessing the following background will also be considered:
Successful completion of a two-year Ontario Community College Diploma, with a strong showing in the courses for which high standards of writing are demanded, paired with demonstration of significant experience in the workplace in the production of a variety of written communication products.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 104]
|Application Notes : ||Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.