|Mathematics is a fundamental, demanding and powerful intellectual pursuit. It is the cornerstone of modern scientific and technological fields. Providing a thorough training in logical-thinking, analytical thinking, problem-solving, and abstract analysis, studying Mathematics prepares students for whatever career path they wish to pursue.
Our curriculum and degree requirements will give you enough flexibility to take courses in pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, and in other subjects which complement and enrich your education that is most suitable to you. You can choose major, medial or minor in mathematics. You can also choose one of our three specialization programs (Mathematics and Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science, Mathematics and Biology). Undergraduate students also have the opportunity to take up internship through the Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program (QUIP).
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Admission requirements are as follows: English 4U, plus two additional 4U courses. Additional three required courses may be 4U or 4M/English 4U, Advanced Functions 4U, Calculus and Vectors 4U, plus two of Biology 4U, Chemistry 4U or Physics 4U. Additional required course may be 4U or 4M.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 7] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
For more specific admission requirements, visit https://www.queensu.ca/admission/about-applying/requirements.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.