|Why is our world the way it is? How can we understand and explain what we observe around us, from the smallest sub-atomic particles to the largest galaxies? How can we apply this understanding to manipulate our world? Of course studying physics (PHY) gives insight into the fundamental laws of nature.
But an education in physics gives so much more. The rigorous training our students receive in analyzing and understanding complex problems is of considerable value to many future career directions. While many of our graduates have found careers in universities and in the high-tech sector as research and development scientists, others have used their physics degrees as a springboard for careers in finance, administration, medicine, management and education. The range of career opportunities is perhaps wider than for any other scientifically trained group.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 82
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
A minimum combined average of 70% is required for all prerequisite courses in science and mathematics.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 Français
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
Students who do not have Calculus and Vectors 4U can take the replacement course at the University either the summer before or during their first term.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. C1] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or CanTEST [min. 4.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.