University of Windsor
Drama in Education and Community
|School:||University of Windsor
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
|Field of Study:||Drama and Dance Teacher Education
|Description:||Drama in Education and Community:
• Prepares students for careers in community, institutional and educational settings
• Teaches the application of drama and theatre as it relates to the elementary/secondary curriculum, and various types of community practice
• Provides training in creative play, storytelling, theatre for young audiences, theatre for social action, classroom facilitation and leadership
• Includes teaching placements in both elementary and secondary schools
• Includes community-based projects driven by social issues
|URL:||Drama in Education and Community at University of Windsor
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
A minimum 70% average of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including ENG4U.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||An interview is also required for this program. Please contact Dramatic Art at 519-253-3000 ext. 2804 or visit uwindsor.ca/drama for further information.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.