|Co-operative (Co-op) education at Laurentian University is a plan of work-integrated learning where students, starting in the second year, put their academic knowledge into action through two paid discipline-related work terms.
Work terms begin at the end of the second year for a period of 4 months (April to August of the same year). After completing the third year, the student will undertake a placement of 16 months from April to August of the following year. The student will then return to complete one full year of academic study.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have: 1 grade 12 English U/M course, 1 grade 12 4U Advanced Functions, 1 grade 12 U Chemistry, 1 grade 12 U Physics, 1 additional grade 12 U/M Math or Science course (Biology, Calculus and Vectors, Earth and Space Science, or analyzing current Economic Issues), 1 other grade 12 U/M courses, and a minimum overall average of 70% in the 6 best grade 12 U/M courses.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Economics or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Biology
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||The admission requirements vary depending on whether you're an Ontarian, out of province, or international student. Please see the URL for details.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Admission to the co-op program is based on academic performance and individual interviews through which factors, such as motivation, interpersonal and communications skills are evaluated. A minimum overall average of 70% is required for entry into the program and must be maintained. For entry into Work Term 1, students must have completed all required core courses from the 2nd year of the program. For entry into Work Terms 2, 3, 4 and 5, students must have completed all required core courses from the 3rd year of the program. Refusal to accept a reasonable and legitimate placement position when offered may result in removal from the co-op program.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.