University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Agriculture
|Field of Study:||Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences, Other
|Description:||Agroecology specializes in the management and conservation of our natural and agricultural resources. Agroecologists develop environmentally friendly weed, insect and disease controls and also help farmers conserve their land and protect Canada’s wildlife and water supply.
The Bachelor of Science (Agroecology) is the ideal program for students with a passion for our planet. Students will learn the biological and physical components of ecosystems, and how to achieve economically sustainable agricultural production while conserving resources and maintaining the integrity of our ecosystems.
|URL:||Agroecology at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Agricultural Representatives, Consultants and SpecialistsAgrologists||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Computer and Information Science
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Applied Mathematics
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
A minimum average of 70% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. Two academic senior level courses
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.