Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Environmental Science
|Description:||The Department of Environmental Science at Saint Mary's University offers a rigorous science undergraduate program using an interdisciplinary approach to learning. Our goal is to provide students with the academic preparation to allow them to contribute positively to an environmentally sound future. Environmental Science uses scientific ideas and methods to help shape and conserve our environment’s future. It blends the science behind environmental systems with the theory needed to manage and protect them.
Saint Mary’s is an ideal setting to study environmental topics, with access to marine and terrestrial environments close by, including The Oaks Forest Living Laboratory. Professors are linked to unique knowledge-sharing centres, like Coastal CURA and the Atlantic Centre for Green Chemistry. There are also facilities like the Green Roof Testing Facility and the Centre for Environmental Analysis and Remediation.
|URL:||Environmental Science at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Environmental Impact Analysts||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade11 Physics or Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Chemistry or Grade11 Computer and Information Science
Two additional academic Grade 12 courses are required.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or CanTEST [min. 4.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.