Wilfrid Laurier University
Data Science (BSc)
|School:||Wilfrid Laurier University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Statistics, Other
|Description:||Our Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Data Science is the first undergraduate degree of its kind in Canada.
The information explosion of the modern age has resulted in extremely large data sets and a need to understand how to analyze and make sense of big data. Advances in hardware, software and statistical techniques are giving rise to automated methods to analyze patterns and models for all kinds of data, with applications ranging from scientific discovery to business intelligence and analytics.
|URL:||Data Science (BSc) at Wilfrid Laurier University
|Cost per year:*||
Domestic fees range from $6,536–$9,150
International fees range from $22,956–$26,172
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
Applicants are required to have an admission range of low 80s, English at 70%, Advanced Functions at 80%, and Calculus and Vectors at 80%. Competitive admission average is high 80s.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.