|If you're handy, interested in mechanics, and seek a well-paying career that's in high demand, think about taking the Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Mechanic program at VIU's Cowichan Trades Centre. Those who take refrigeration and airconditioning mechanic courses, also known as an HVAC program, can use their skills to enter a service-oriented career field with many opportunities.
Enter a career that won't keep you in an office, and where you can solve problems with mechanical and technical skills and practical knowledge. Graduates can progress to refrigeration and airconditioning mechanic apprenticeship, using credit toward their journeyperson (Red Seal) certification.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.