|If you are interested in the technical and creative potential of the textile arts, then our program is a place for you to develop a personal voice in this dynamic form of expression. Drawing from a rich heritage of materials and processes, we encourage new ways of thinking. You'll consider current issues of sustainability, new technologies, labour and craft, along with experimental approaches and global and historical implications. You'll also imagine how material practice can be used to communicate your individual identity in contemporary culture.
Our professional facilities include a fibre structures studio for weaving, felt-making and basketry; a print and dye workshop; and a papermaking studio. As a student in this program, you'll benefit from:
- Small classes promoting personal expression and critical discussion
- An open and inclusive environment that encourages interdisciplinary approaches
- Freedom to pursue thematic and material interests
- Independent study at the advanced level
- Professional internships and other opportunities to enhance your technical expertise
You’ll leave our program with an expert combination of technical processes and the critical faculties of a contemporary artist.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
No specific courses are required. See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for CEGEP, International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
Students must submit a letter of intent and a portfolio with their application to be considered for admission. See the department’s website for more details on these additional requirements.
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.