|Explore the relationships between people and the landscape, whether it’s your own backyard or a vast region on the other side of the planet. As an Environmental Geography major, you’ll take courses in geography, geology and biology, and enjoy the flexibility to complement your studies in another field of interest.
Through labs, lectures and projects, you’ll acquire the analytical skills to assess the impact of human activity on natural landforms and cycles. During the program you’ll also:
- Study the causes and consequences of environmental change
- Learn to gather and interpret statistical data
- Acquire technical knowledge of computerized mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Learn to develop effective and efficient policies for environmental management
After graduation, your knowledge and technical skills will prepare you for a career in environmental planning, design and restoration, environmental assessment or resource management.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 23
- 2 of Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: B- overall, B- in math / sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.