|Geography is the study of spatial patterns and processes on Earth's surface and the relationship between society, populations and the environment. Our Geography programs focus on physical geography, dealing with spatial aspects of land, water and the atmosphere, as well as human geography which explores the cultural, political and economic forces behind the distribution of human activities.
As a Geography student you will spend the first two years building a foundation of knowledge in a wide spectrum of geographical themes which examine:
- Where populations and activities are located on Earth
- When and why physical and environmental patterns change
- The impacts these changes have on human and physical environments
- The responses to these impacts
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits (including prerequisite courses). A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
Program Specific Prerequisites: Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits;
For more information, please visit: lakeheadu.ca/admissions.
- Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Pearson Test of English (Academic)
|Application Notes : ||For a full listing of English Language Proficiency Requirements and accepted tests with minimum scores, please visit:
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.