|Transform learning into making a difference on a veterinary health care team.
The two-year Veterinary Technician Ontario College Diploma program prepares you to enter the profession by offering an authentic learning experience working alongside highly credentialed professionals in our on-campus veterinary medical facility and in our partnering facilities in the local community.
You benefit from learning in the 10,100 square-foot Veterinary Learning Centre and Clinic. This facility includes a reception area, exam rooms, husbandry area, surgical suite, dental suite, radiography room and more. This facility is similar to a real-life small animal clinic, enabling you to have an on-campus learning experience using the equipment you would also use in the field.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Grade11 Biology
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are required to have: English Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 70% or higher, Mathematics Grade 12 (MAP4C or equivalent) with a grade of 70% or higher, Biology Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 70% or higher, Chemistry Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 70% or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must submit proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Information on requirements can be found on the Algonquin College website.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.