|Using modern and traditional techniques, develop your creative talent for a career in residential and small scale commercial interiors.
The two-year Interior Decorating Ontario College Diploma program develops your creativity and artistic flair in residential and small scale commercial interiors. Recognized by the Decorators and Designers Association of Canada (DDA) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA), this program prepares you with the essential design and client relations skills needed to succeed as an Interior Decorator.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Applicant must submit a portfolio showing evidence of creative ability as well as some basic drawing skills.(Basic drawing skills, although an asset, are not required).
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.