|Build a solid foundation of knowledge and skills for a lifelong career in the building industry.
The two-year Building Construction Technician Ontario College Diploma program provides you with the opportunity to learn the basics of the construction industry, including techniques, industry trends, and safety. This diploma program is offered in a condensed 42-week format, allowing you to quickly get the education you need, so you can get moving into your career.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent), Mathematics, Grade 12 (MAP4C or equivalent), and Mathematics, Grade 12 (MCT4C is recommended).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT) Overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.