Are you interested in a career that can take you around the world, offering a fast-paced and thrilling environment where you can share your passion for people and incredible service? Then the hospitality industry is for you.
Humber’s Hospitality - Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management diploma program is a leader in hospitality management training. You will develop your business management skills via hands-on learning, theoretical classes and practical labs led by industry experts.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Upon acceptance into the program, you must follow professional industry standards for decorum, uniform, hygiene and personal presentation. The restaurant and beverage lab courses have strict uniform and attendance standards and policies, which are mandatory for successful completion of these key courses.It is mandatory to wear a Humber-issued restaurant and beverage uniform in practical lab classes in this program. Admittance to these classes is not permitted if you are not in uniform. The cost for the uniform has been added to your first semester tuition fees. In order for the uniform to be available for the first day of class, students must submit their size requirements via an online order form.
Computer skills, specifically proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are an important asset in successfully completing the program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.