|Do you have a flare for working with metal? A career in welding is within reach with VIU's Welding program. Welding is a rewarding, challenging career with lots of well-paying job prospects. VIU offers several levels of training, including a 28-week introductory program that prepares students for entry into this industry. Once students are working in-industry, they can return for VIU's apprenticeship Welding programs, which prepare them to achieve Red Seal certification.
Graduates of VIU's Welding programs have found employment in shipyards, fabrication shops and a variety of construction industries.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Graduation from BC secondary school, or equivalent from another school system,
- Minimum 17 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- Resume and/or personal profile and/or references may be required.
- Interview may be required.
- Mathematics and/or reading and/or trades aptitude test may be required.
- Physically fit and able to adapt to working conditions.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Good health, free of vision, hearing or respiratory ailments.
- Valid driver's license will be required for vehicle and equipment operation.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.