Humber’s Advertising and Graphic Design diploma program is designed to meet industry demand for advertising art directors and graphic designers with solid strategic, visual, conceptual, typographical and technical skills. Classes focus on the study of advertising while emphasizing the development of important skills like creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork and presentation skills.
This program will guide you through the many facets of visual communication including colour theory, conceptual process, typography, design, marketing strategies, interactive media, and digital technology through the use of industry standard tools. You will also have the unique opportunity to apply these skills on briefs for real clients through BuildingF, our in-house creative agency. As you learn fundamental advertising and marketing concepts, linkage projects will connect you with students in the Advertising Copywriting, and Advertising - Account Management programs. These projects will help you hone collaborative and teamwork skills, preparing you for the workplace. Your first semester is shared with the Public Relations advanced diploma, Journalism advanced diploma, Advertising and Marketing Communications diploma, and Media Communications diploma programs, giving you the freedom to change your area of study in the second semester.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Students are recommended a MacBook for processing power.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.