|Helping others achieve a healthy lifestyle.
The two-year Fitness and Health Promotion Ontario College Diploma program prepares you to perform the roles and responsibilities of fitness and health consultants who plan, promote and deliver a wide variety of services. These include activity and educational programs that enhance the health, fitness and well-being of individuals and groups in diverse settings.
In this program, you learn the skills and knowledge to live a fit and healthy lifestyle, which, in turn, allows you to help others achieve their own health and lifestyle goals. You prepare to meet the demands of an evolving, multi-dimensional market for fitness, wellness and health promotion service provision.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Health and Physical Education or Grade11 Chemistry
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are also required to have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, and Biology, Grade 11 or 12 or Chemistry, Grade 11 or 12 or Physics, Grade 11 or 12 or Health and Physical Education, Grade 12 (PLF4C,PSK4U,PPL4O,PAF40 or Equivalent).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing; 22.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.