|Applying your creativity to shape a career communicating ideas and concepts.
The three-year Graphic Design Ontario College Advanced Diploma program helps you apply your creativity to communicating ideas and concepts in both print and interactive media.
Using a combination of theoretical and hands-on learning, you gain skills in design, typography, image, colour, coding, motion graphics, interaction and production from industry-connected faculty. You learn to be a problem-solver who can manage and execute visual design projects.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants must have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants must also have English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT) Overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Applicant must submit a portfolio of 10-15 samples of your best work. Instructions can be found at https://algonquindesign.ca/portfolio-requirements/. Interested applicants are welcome to address any portfolio-related inquiries to the coordinators of the program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.