|Learn in state-of-the-art facilities.
The two-year Cabinetmaking and Furniture Technician Ontario College Diploma program at Algonquin College prepares you with the skills and techniques necessary to get started in the industry.
This program, compressed into a 42-week format, is a highly-intensive but rewarding journey for those seeking a hands-on career in the cabinetmaking and woodworking industry. All classes take place at the Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence, where students use modern industry-standard equipment and tools. You learn both traditional joinery and advanced technology used in the industry today.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are required to have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent), and Mathematics, Grade 12 (MAP4C or equivalent) is recommended.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must submit proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT) Overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.