|Give people a reason to smile.
The three-year Dental Hygiene Ontario College Advanced Diploma program, delivered over two and half years, combines theory and hands-on skills to prepare you for a challenging and rewarding career in preventive dental health care. It allows you to fulfil the role of the dental hygienist as researcher, advocate, educator, administrator, clinician and health promoter.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Grade11 Biology
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are also required to have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, Mathematics, Grade 11 or 12 (MBF3C or MAP4C equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, Biology, Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher, Chemistry, Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher.
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Information on requirements can be found on the Algonquin College website.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.