|Choose a career that teaches you to fight for social justice!
The two-year Community and Justice Services Ontario College Diploma program emphasizes alternatives to policing and prisons and teaches students skills to work with people and communities to address issues such as criminalization, poverty, affordable housing scarcity, food insecurity, and immigration. Through theory and practical experiences, the program teaches you to work with people and communities in ways that respect their inherent dignity and humanity. Learn to understand the historical, political, and economic forces that create these social justice issues.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are also required to have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must submit proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Information on requirements can be found aton the Algonquin College website.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.