|Contribute to a healthcare team and support excellence in patient care.
The Practical Nursing Ontario College Diploma program prepares you for work in the healthcare system. You learn the necessary skills and techniques for the workforce. This includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation tools required to provide nursing care to those of all ages. Throughout the program, learning opportunities include theory, lab techniques, applied experiences and independent study.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Foundations for College Mathematics (MAP4C)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are also required to have English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, Mathematics, Grade 12 (MAP4C or equivalent) with a grade of 65% or higher, Biology, Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher, Chemistry, Grade 11 or 12 with a grade of 65% or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must have an IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||More information on requirements can be found on the Algonquin College website.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.