|This four year honours degree program prepares students for a career in event management at local, national and international levels, involving entertainment, sport, corporate, tourism, travel, business, non-profit, politics, art, culture and fashion. With the rapid globalization of the event industry, the scale and complexity of today`s events requires the expertise of trained event management professionals. Now that participants and spectators from across the world travel to a myriad of conferences, competitions and festivals, event tourism has become a flourishing industry. Students acquire the event management skills necessary to design, project manage and execute a wide range of small to large-scale events, impacting participants and audiences from around the world.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||65
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
- Mature students are applicants who have not achieved the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent and who are at least 19 years of age on or before the commencement of the program in which they intend to enroll. Mature students applying for Degree programs satisfy College Eligibility by having demonstrated academic abilities equivalent to those of Ontario high school graduates, verified by successful completion of at least one full-time term at the post-secondary level (minimum five courses taken concurrently in an academic program of study).
Applicants must also have six Grade 12 University (U) or university/college (M) courses with a minimum 65% average including: one Grade 12 U English course, with a minimum of 60%, and one Grade 12 U Mathematics course, with a minimum of 60. (Students who have not achieved the required 60% or who have not completed a Grade 12 U Mathematics course prior to the start of term may still be considered for admissions. Students will be required to satisfactorily complete a math equivalency course by the end of their first semester in this program.)
Please note that mature students must meet the following subject-specific Program Eligibility requirements, either directly or through equivalencies: one Grade 12 U English course, with a minimum of 60%, one Grade 12 U Mathematics course, with a minimum of 60. (Students who have not achieved the required 60% or who have not completed a Grade 12 U Mathematics course prior to the start of term may still be considered for admissions. Students will be required to satisfactorily complete a math equivalency course by the end of their first semester in this program.)
Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants are required to have: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR, TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 90, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 24.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.