|In Mathematical Physics, you'll combine theoretical physics with high-level math courses in differential equations, vector calculus, and applied mathematics. You'll also get plenty of chances to apply that learning with hands-on labs in mechanics, electricity and magnetism, computer programming, optics, and more. You won't find a better place to study than Waterloo. Our Faculty of Mathematics is the largest in Canada. Meanwhile, the Department of Physics is one of Canada's largest and most innovative. Through Waterloo's co-op program, you'll earn money, have access to North America's largest selection of co-op jobs, and graduate with up to 2 years of valuable work experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 83
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
- A minimum final grade of 70% is required in the English and math classes.
- Ontario students need six Grade 12 U and/or M courses.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.