|The two-year Police Foundations Ontario College Diploma program provides you with a foundational knowledge of the field of law enforcement. Curriculum includes both theory and applied lessons in law enforcement - helping you prepare for the workforce. While there is a strong theoretical aspect to this program, there are many opportunities for hands-on learning in both labs and scenario rooms. There are various activities outside the classroom, such as community volunteering opportunities and program-related initiatives. The program prepares you to apply, for and be tested for employment in the law enforcement industry. As fitness is an important part of a career in law enforcement, you use an on-site fitness facility to prepare for physical fitness tests required by law enforcement agencies. In addition to your work in our fitness facility, you establish and maintain your own exercise schedule.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||
Applications to full-time programs must be submitted with official transcripts showing completion of the academic admission requirements through:
60 Corporate Court
Guelph, Ontario N1G 5J3
Students currently enrolled in an Ontario secondary school should contact their Guidance Office to apply. For all other applicants, applications are available online at ontariocolleges.ca. A $95 fee must accompany the application form.
International applicants please visit this link for application process information.
For further information on the admissions process, please contact the Registrar's Office.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.