|Our policy-focused Economics program will help you learn about choice, and the impact of choices, in business. From the decisions we make as individuals, families, governments or firms, the field of economics relates to every aspect of our lives and to every aspect of the business environment.
This degree pairs our Economics program with our highly ranked Finance program. You'll graduate with the skills needed to enter the investment banking or finance profession, and have the competitive career advantage of understanding the factors that influence income, wealth and well-being.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|85 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Minimum admission range of mid 80s. Competitive admission range of high 80s. English at 70%. Advanced Functions at 70%. Either Calculus and Vectors or Data Management at 60%. All required courses calculated in admission average, including English.
- 2 of English or Advanced Functions
- Calculus and Vectors or Data Management
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 83] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 560]
|Application Notes :
|You must make your own arrangements to write a test of English proficiency and have the results forwarded directly to our office. Some testing centres may require our institution code, which is 0893. If you meet the academic requirements for your program but do not meet Laurier’s English proficiency requirement, you may receive an offer of admission that is conditional upon completing the Laurier English and Academic Foundation (LEAF) program. The LEAF program is an academic English program for future Laurier students, designed to prepare them for success in university. The LEAF program is offered at our Brantford campus.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.