Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers

(NOC 7244)


To work in this field, you need a high school diploma. To gain trade certification, you usually need to complete an apprenticeship program or have a combination of experience / courses. Trade certification is required for some occupations in some or all areas of Canada. Qualified tradespersons may also obtain interprovincial (Red Seal) trade certification, which provides job mobility throughout the country. In some occupations, you need college or other courses in electronics / electrical technology, experience or on-the-job training or apprenticeship training. Most recent entrants have a trade / vocational certificate or community college diploma.

Degrees Associated with This Career

High School Diploma

Useful Experience/Skills

Diagrams / drawings

Useful Secondary School Subjects

Industrial Arts (Electricity)
Computer-related courses

Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma; Advanced
Electrical Engineering Technician Diploma
Request Info
Centennial College
Toronto, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Electronics Engineering Technician Diploma; Online
Electronics Engineering Technology Diploma; Online; Advanced
Request Info
Canadore College
North Bay, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Electrical Techniques Certificate
Request Info
Red Deer Polytechnic
Red Deer, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
Request Info
Conestoga College
Kitchener, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Electrical Engineering Technician Diploma
Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma; Advanced
Request Info
view all
Modified on May 14, 2012